The attendance at the meeting surpassed that expected by our event page on Facebook, with approximately 20 taking part, including 2 very welcomed supporters from Occupy Nottingham.
Key Discussion Points
- How soon should we get setup, can we go ahead and commit to our event date, scheduled for the 11th of November.
- Attracting support from wider networks, such as trade unions.
- Debate about the possible locations for an encampment.
- Concerns where addressed about any possible disruption to the remembrance Sunday events.
- A suggestion was made to involve strong figures within the community, to offer support to our movement.
- The importance of establishing a visual presence ASAP to educate, and garner support.
- The importance of not alienating or intimidating the public with the tent space, was brought up.
- A discussion of logistics, including options for water supply.